What kind of taps perfectly complement your kitchen design? It’s a question that many homeowners face when they’re doing a kitchen renovation.
Do you choose simple mixer taps? Or do you go for something more extravagant with pull-out sprayers?
With so many brands and styles in the market, it can be tough to know which ones to choose. And if you don’t select the perfect taps that suit your kitchen space, you could be in for a world of disappointment.
So, here are some factors to consider in choosing the ideal mixer taps for your kitchen.
Type and Use
Most people don’t give much thought to their kitchen taps. But the type and use are essential factors in choosing kitchen taps Brisbane.
The kitchen tap you choose will depend on your kitchen sink type. If you’re looking for a tap to fill up pots and pans, you’ll want one with a high flow rate. But if you’re looking for a faucet for washing vegetables, you’ll want one with a veggie spray function.
It’s also important to consider how often you use your kitchen mixer. If you’re only using it occasionally, you might not need one with all the bells and whistles. But if you’re using it multiple times daily, you’ll want a durable and easy tap.
Also, different types of mixer taps are better suited for various tasks, such as:
- Spiral mixer. A long, curved spout perfect for filling pots and pans.
- Perforated mixer. This type of tap is ideal for food prep or filling containers with ice cubes.
- Single lever tap. It combines both cold and hot water in one spout. This tap is perfect for kitchens, as it makes it easy to adjust the water temperature.
- Wall-mounted mixer. These taps are often used as laundry taps to free up counter space.
The finish can affect the look of your kitchen and how easy the taps are to keep clean.
Some standard finishes for kitchen taps include:
A brushed nickel finish is a type of finish applied to metal surfaces.
You can do this finish by brushing the surface with an abrasive material, such as steel wool or sandpaper. This process creates a unique look that can be both beautiful and functional.
But there are pros and cons to consider before choosing brushed nickel.
- The finish is non-porous, so it is resistant to staining and easy to clean.
- It has a warm, rich appearance, perfect for traditional or contemporary kitchens.
- The finish is also durable, so it can withstand years of use without showing signs of wear.
- The brushed nickel finish can be hard to match with other appliances in the kitchen.
- It can be hard to repair if the finish becomes scratched or damaged.
- Brushed nickel kitchen mixer tops can cost more than other finishes.
- Millenium Cioso Gooseneck Sink Mixer Brushed Nickel
- Astro II Gooseneck Sink Mixer
- Astro II Gooseneck Pulldown Sink Mixer
- Galiano Brushed Nickel Option
- Greens Galiano Pull-Down Sink Mixer Brushed Nickel
A quality chrome finish creates a bright, shiny surface resistant to corrosion.
Here are some benefits and drawbacks of using chrome finish:
- Easy to clean. You only need a damp cloth and soapy water, and you can quickly remove fingerprints and smudges.
- Scratch-resistant. It can withstand everyday wear and tear.
- Expensive. Its price range is higher compared to other finishes.
- Not that heat resistant. Don’t use it on surfaces that directly interact with flames or hot food.
- Carena S Chrome Pullout Sink Mixer
- Mida XL Chrome Sink Mixer by Sink & Bathroom Shop
- Nero Pullout with Pull-Out Spray
- Clove Sink Mixer in Matte Black and Chrome finish by Sink & Bathroom Shop
- Bentley Pullout Kitchen Mixers with Solid Brass construction
One popular option for mixer taps is a copper finish.
Copper has a lot of advantages as a material, but it also has disadvantages.
- It is easy to clean and maintain.
- A very reflective surface can make your kitchen look brighter and more spacious.
- It has a warm, rich look that can add character to your kitchen or bathroom.
- It can withstand wear and tear well.
- It can show fingerprints and smudges easily.
- You must avoid using harsh cleaners or scrubbing too vigorously, which can dull the finish.
- Butler & Rose Alba French Mono Kitchen Mixer
- Vellamo Kara Single Lever Mono Kitchen Mixer
- Harbour Icon Single Lever Mono Kitchen Mixer Tap
- Vellamo Kaffe 3-in-1 Instant Hot Water Tap with Boiler Unit & Filters
- Bordeaux Cold Water Kitchen Pot Filler Black “Old World” Charm
When installing mixer taps in your home, it’s important to consider water pressure.
Mixer taps work with the slightest water pressure of 0.5 bar. But ideally, you should have a water pressure of 1.0 bar or above.
The tap may not work correctly if the pressure is too low or too high. In some cases, it can even damage the faucet.
That’s why checking your water pressure before purchasing a mixer tap is essential.
So, remember to consider these factors. Then, narrow down your choices in your cart— compare them and select the perfect tap for your kitchen. And don’t miss out on free delivery vouchers.